In today's episode, you'll hear another ecommerce coaching session with Matt Ward. Matt recently started an online store selling remote controlled boats, and he reached out to me after hearing about the free recorded coaching sessions that I've mentioned on the show a few times.
Matt and I will be discussing how he chose his niche, how he’s currently getting traffic to his site and building backlinks, and you’ll hear the suggestions that I give him, along with a suggestion or two that Matt was able to give me.
If you’re interested in having a conversation with me about your ecommerce store, getting some free coaching, and being featured on the show, send me a message using my contact form and tell me your story.
To hear the episode, click play below or download in iTunes.
Links referenced during the show:
- Remotorboater.com - Matt Ward's online store, where he sells RC boats.
- Google Keyword Tool (now Google Keyword Planner) - Use this tool to research keyword search volume
- /r/ecommerce - The ecommerce subreddit. In case you're not already familiar with Reddit, it's an extremely active community divided into smaller groups (subreddits) based around particular interests. The ecommerce subreddit is a great place to interact with fellow ecommerce entrepreneurs to get your site critiqued, ask questions, and top ecommerce articles.
- The eCommerceFuel Forum - A great community of experienced ecommerce entrepreneurs
- A few articles about how to advertise effectively on Reddit:
- oDesk - I'm thinking about hiring an Adwords expert on oDesk to help me get things optimized
- TrollingMotors.net & RightChannelRadios.com - Andrew Youderian's ecommerce stores that both have examples of very prominent Unique Selling Propositions in the header of the site
- MyBlogGuest.com - Submit a site if you want guest posts, or find guest posting opportunities
- Andrew Youderian's strategy for choosing a niche and getting started with ecommerce (free ebook) - Profitable eCommerce