In today's episode, I have an information-packed discussion with Francis Teo. Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), according to Francis, is "the science and art of getting more people to take action on your website."
Francis shares why the often-quoted "industry-standard" conversion rate of 2-4% is not something you absolutely count on, and he also talks about some general principles you can use and potential pitfalls to avoid.
An overview of what Francis and I discuss during the show:
What CRO is
What the benefits of CRO are (what it will do for your business)
When you should start doing CRO as a startup
Tools that will help you do it
Francis' top tips for optimizing your site without hiring a consultant
To hear the episode, click play below or download in iTunes.
Links referenced during the show:
- Conversions Guaranteed - Francis Teo's CRO agency
- The Conversions Podcast - Francis' podcast about, well, conversions. ;)
- Startups for The Rest of Us - A great podcast targeted to helping solo entrepreneurs
- Optimizely - One of the tools Francis recommends for doing CRO
- Visual Website Optimizer - The other CRO tool Francis mentioned