In this episode, I have a conversation with Shabbir Nooruddin of BootstrappingEcommerce.com about how to build backlinks to your online store. If you're not familiar with what backlinking is all about or how to go about doing it for your ecommerce website, Shabbir does a great a job of breaking it down to the basics and giving some practical advice.
To hear the episode, click play below or download in iTunes.
Links referenced during the show:
- BootstrappingEcommerce.com - Shabbir's blog
- 50 Actionable Ways to Build Links to Your eCommerce Store - the blog post that Shabbir and I discuss during the show
- Rapportive.com - Free browser plugin to view detailed profiles of people who email you right in your Gmail inbox
- Fiverr.com - Get a variety of tasks done for $5
- Shabbir's designer on Fiverr who does infographics
- How to Get Backlinks with Guestographics
- The Backlinking Strategy That Works - by Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income
Quote of the week:
"An MBA has become a two-part time machine. First, the students are taught everything they need to know to manage a company from 1990, and second, they are taken out of the real world for two years while the rest of us race as fast as we possibly can.
I get away with this heresy since I, in fact, have my own fancy MBA from Stanford. The fact is, though, that unless you want to be a consultant or an i-banker (where a top MBA is nothing but a screen for admission) it's hard for me to understand why this is a better use of time and money than actual experience combined with a dedicated reading of 30 or 40 books.
If this is an extension of a liberal arts education, with learning for learning's sake, I'm all for it. If, on the other hand, it's a cost-effective vocational program, I don't get it."
~ Seth Godin