Today's episode is a question and answer session. We'll be covering some important topics, including:
Whether or not you should still be using guest blogging for SEO, in light of Matt Cutts' recent condemnation of the practice
How to write interesting articles for "boring" niches (including some specific questions to ask yourself to help you brainstorm)
Some tips for what to do after launching a new ecommerce site to start driving traffic and sales
To hear the episode, click play below or download in iTunes.
Links referenced during the show:
- EmbedResponsively.com - A free tool to help you embed YouTube, Vimeo, and other videos responsively (so they show up well on any device).
- The decay and fall of guest blogging for SEO - Matt Cutts' blog post.
- ClocksMarketplace.com - Amiel's new ecommerce website, for which he's trying to write interesting content.
- How to Write Interesting Content for a "Boring" Topic
- Quora.com and Yahoo Answers - Good places to learn what questions people are asking about your "boring" topic.
- eCommHub.com - An online SAAS tool that syncs your stock levels between your ecommerce site and your suppliers. It also handles things like sending shipping tracking numbers.
- Magento - An open source ecommerce platform. I don't recommend using it unless you're ready to tackle big technical issues to set up and manage your store.
- TraditionalShavingShop.co.uk - Mitesh's brand new ecommerce site. Mitesh asked what he should do next to start driving traffic and sales.
- HootSuite - A tool to schedule your social media posts ahead of time.