I’m excited to announce that Richard Lazazzera and I have decided to partner up for a series of episodes. We haven’t set a definite end point, but we’re planning to do regular shows together about twice a month.
My main goal with this podcast is to help my listeners build and grow their ecommerce businesses, so we’ll be talking about strategies and tips for how to build your store and market effectively. We’ll also be talking about current events in the world of Shopify and ecommerce, our favorite apps and tools, and the projects we’re working on.
As we mentioned on the show, we’ll also be doing listener store critiques. One of the most common requests on the Facebook communities we’re part of is “Please review my store and tell me why I’m not getting sales,” and we’ve agreed to do live critiques on the show of stores submitted by listeners. To submit a store for us to critique, email your store URL Leighton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to mention how you’re driving traffic to your site and what kinds of results you’ve seen so far!
Topics covered in this episode:
- How to know when to put money into redesigning your site and how to go about it.
- What to look for when choosing a design agency/freelancer.
- Resources for finding awesome font and color combinations
- Tips on how to be prepared to work with the design company.
- Knowing if and when to hire professionals or do-it-yourself.
- Tips for designing your website yourself and making it look professional.
- How to get good photography for your site.
- Our favorite tools to manage your business.
Links mentioned on the show:
- A Better Lemonade Stand
- TailorBrands (affiliate link)
- Font Pair: Find awesome Google Font combinations for your site
- Coolors: Find beautiful color combinations for your site
- Paletton: Use a color wheel to find great-looking color palettes for your site